Senior Services Links
- AARP – National Site
- AARP Modern Maturity Magazine Web Edition
- Administration on Aging US Department of Health and Human Services
- American Red Cross
- Assisted Living: is a nationwide directory of Senior Housing with a special emphasis on Assisted Living. Seniors and their families can use our site to learn about senior housing options and request information from particular communities for free.
- Benefits Checkup this is a free, confidential online service that contains a variety of different programs that seniors may be eligible for in each state.
- Elderhostel, Inc educational adventures for adults who are 55 and older.
- Federal consumer publications – Provided by the ConsumerInformationCenter of the U.S. General Services Administration
- FDA health information has a wide range of publications with important health information for older adults.
- Government Information Xchange – Federal directory, yellow pages. And much more.
- Home Care: is a free nationwide directory of Home Care providers. Seniors and their families can use our site to learn about Home Care options and request information from Home Care providers for free.
- National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- Social Security Administration
- The Whitehouse
- Your Guide to Government Benefits and Assistance
NUTRITION AND FOOD SAFETY
- American Dietetic Association
- Food Safety and Preservation Fact Sheets – ClemsonUniversity Extension Office
- Gateway to Government Food Safety Information
TECHNOLOGY AND THE INTERNET
- AARP – Learning and Technology
- SeniorNet Offers a number of educational programs which promote and support the use of computer and communications technologies by older adults.
SEARCH ENGINES AND LOOKUP LINKS
Other Helpful Website links:
- Georgia legal Aid- http://www.georgialegalaid.org/
- Adult Protective Services- http://aging.dhs.georgia.gov/adult-protective-services
- Alzheimer’s Association- www.alz.org
- Arthritis Foundation- http://www.arthritis.org/
- Diabetes Foundation- http://www.diabetes.org/
- Heart Association- http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/
- Parkinson’s Association- http://www.apdaparkinson.org/
- Cancer Association- http://www.cancer.org/
- United Way Foundation- http://www.unitedway.org/
- Chattanooga Food Bank- http://www.chattfoodbank.org/
- Veterans Aid- http://www.veteranaid.org/
- What is Hospice?- http://www.hospicenet.org/index.html