The Mountain Area Transportation System (MATS) serves as a means of public transportation for citizens located in:
- Gilmer County: (706) 276.6287
- Gordon County: (706) 602.0852
- Fannin County: (706) 632.7203
- Pickens County: (706) 692.3252
Our transportation service operates on a non-fixed route basis and our vehicles can accommodate service for individuals with disabilities.
The transit service is used by many for medical appointments, shopping trips or as an alternative source of transportation for local citizens when needs may arise.
We request a 24-hour advance notice when booking transportation appointments, but same day service can be executed if capacity is available.
For further information on this service, please contact the local transportation office in your area.
General Fare Box Rates
- $2.00 One-way for trips up to 10 miles
- $3.00 One-way for trips greater than 10 miles